A little MoFo survey going around:
Here we go!
1. Name a song that involves food in some way?
"Life Is A Garden" by Pop Party Opera, my brother's amazing band.
2. What criteria do you use when buying a new cookbook?
I actually don't buy cookbooks because I always seem to get them as gifts for birthdays and holidays. My always go to is Vegan Planet by Robin Robertson (Thanks Jill and Eric!)
3. What did you eat today?
If you follow my blog I am sure you will find out ;)
4. Name a vegan food you know exists but have never tried...
5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title be?
6. Favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
Trader Joe's Jalapeno Pepper Hot Sauce, yummmm
7. How old were you when you became vegan?
20 years old :)
8. Favorite vegan cheeze?
Follow Your Heart Monterey Jack, but I love to make my own cheeze sauce with Earth Balance, soymilk, nooche, hot sauce, paprika, salt and pepper.
9. Cutest baby animal?
My Lutra of course! See previous posts
10. Favorite type of jam/jelly?
Hmm tough, probably Organic Grape Whole Foods brand
11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
Magnesium with calcium and zinc
12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall Season?
Bourbon Sweet Potatoes HELLOO
13. What food would you have a hard time living without?
Tofu and organic nuts definitely... wait does wine count?
14. Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate?
Tea...I think coffee to me would be like someone on cocaine, way too much energy and makes me crave cigarettes
15. It's 10 pm and you're starving. What do you eat?
Really good TAMARI ALMONDS, or PEANUTS, or CASHEWS, well I suppose any nut for that matter.
16. If you have an animal companion, what is her/his favorite food?
Well, my puppy eats puppy food. But my favorite dog I house sit for eats all my vegan leftovers. Ralph is a beautiful 12 year old lab/shepherd/pit-bull mix with a fantastic like for all things veg!
17. Worst injury you have gotten in the kitchen?
I cut myself about 85% of the time I am in my kitchen with too sharp knives. I also burn myself quite often on my toaster oven. (I refuse to own a microwave, zapping of nutrients, No Thanks!)
18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?
Hmm, people usually call me with their food related questions. I guess I would go to my Internet bloggy friends ;)
19. Summer is ending-what food will you miss the most?
Fresh corn on the cob and fresh basil as my herb. Also, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, err all the berries for that matter and PEACHES!
20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
The amazinggg Cliff Nectar bars! The yellow cashew vanilla goji ones that I basically lived off in college :)
21. Favorite soup to make on a rainy day?
Oooh tomato soup with grilled cheeze...yummmo
22. What is your favorite combination of fresh vegetable/fruit juices?
I don't discriminate with my juices, I go through phases of faves...whatever tastes good with my grey goose at the time...
23. Favorite brand of root beer?
24. Make up your own question!
You are having three vegan celebs to dinner! Who are they? Mine are: