Sunday, October 5, 2008

VMF Post 4! Beer, politics, music, mexican, and more cake? ;)

Ok, ok, I get it enough of that AMAZING coconut lemon cake...but I can't resist posting this pic of the two hottest vegans (with the same birthday) eating it together. Alexis on the right. That's vegan love.


Last night, after seeing TWO concerts (photo below with the amazing Susan Angeletti, at the first concert, my mom on the left) and a long needed trip to the Brewery I worked at last summer, I ended up at Sierra Grille, my ABSOLUTE favorite restaurant in Northampton.



 This four course restaurant (always with at least one vegan option in each!) turns into the greatest bar at night, complete with vegan Belgian fries and spiced nuts, which I have officially diagnosed myself with having a severe addiction to. At this point my phone took on a life of its own because when I woke up this morning I did some major umm dialing...fantastic. Apologies  to any of you out there that I might have called, and although I probably don't have your numbers, anything was clearly possible at that 2 am point. 

Today at Whole Foods, Magic Hat Brewery had a VOTING 12 pack! Who could say no that?? And I always think a nice tasty brew is the best way to help a rough night's morning right? Well, maybe that's just me...

On to the FOOD! I found vegan refried pinto beans, salsa style at Trader Joes! Yumm, apparently in my state I didn't think to buy wraps, but I did have organic whole wheat pitas at home, so I used what I could. Complete with tomatoes, fresh basil, lettuce, nooch, salt and pepper
ALLL put together now
I hope everyone else had a fantastic weekend! HEADS UP! Next Sunday, one week from today, Alexis and I are hosting a Pre-Thanksgiving vegan feast! Any of my vegan blogging friends are welcome! Good food, good booze, and good people! Happy Sunday MoFos!

Check em out for local goodness! 
www.sierragrille.net
www.northamptonbrewery.com

10 comments:

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

I love that first picture, you look so naughty and happy eating your cake! You are thoroughly enjoying that cake there!

It looks like you guys had a super fun weekend. And even though you forgot to buy the wraps, the pita sandwiches look like winners!

Anonymous said...

No matter how many times that cake picture appears, it still looks yummy. Wow what a weekend...good friends, good music, and good food.

Anonymous said...

I hear that Susan A. is very good. Sorry I missed the show and the "after party" at Sierra Grille. Rock on!

Anonymous said...

Those refried beans make me hungry... and remind me of that old Tim McGraw song, "Refried Dreams" back in the day...

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Gosh, your life is so much fun!

Anonymous said...

i love you!!! and our cake!!!! and your mom!!! where's the pic of me and your dad?

Chelsea said...

Hahahaha, the dreaded drunk-dial - we've all been there! Looks like you had a great weekend, and I'll have to check out WF for that case!

Anonymous said...

good booze, you say? wish I could be there!

...barbara... said...

looks like your weekend rocked...
did you used to work for magic hat...
i was fortunate enough to try there beer when i was at bonnaroo 07 and it is great. If they are the one that sold the blueberry beer they were my favorite....

Anonymous said...

You have so much fun in life. Your blog is so great and covers it all.