Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Days



Today it is absolutely blizzarding and I am sitting in my store finding ways to entertain myself while everyone else either gets snow days or what not. Who shops on days like this? Why oh why must Thornes Marketplace be open on a day like this?

I will amuse myself and you of course with some stories from the previous nights. Although I don't work at the Northampton Brewery anymore I still get invited to their holiday staff party and let me just say it is the best night of the year, pretty much besides say New Years Eve and my birthday, obv.

This past holiday party I woke up on my couch, clothes on my living room floor to find I had left my purse, phone, and ONE glove OUTSIDE my apartment door! WTF, yea good times. Apparently I learned I live in an extremely trustworthy building! Some craptastic iphone pics above of Anna and I in our hot red holiday dresses.

The night before the big Holiday Brew Party I went to see Dan Bern in concert. He is seriously the Bob Dylan of our generation and absolutely amazing. This was my second time seeing him, and I am fairly certain that last year after his show we had some lip contact. HOTT.

The store is going well. Maybe I should post some pics of my store in my next post. I don't think I have ever shared those with you lovelies.

Food lately has been pretty redundant. Lots of homemade soups (today I made a tomato and three bean chili with leak broth, yummm. I make em the night before and heat up the next am while getting ready for work. Soup always tastes better after you let it sit ) and stir-fried greens, hello KALE, my fave! Cliff bars, oh holiday festiv flavors I love thee, all sorts of hummus and oh meatless meatballs from TJ's. I am sickly addicted. I need help. Like I cannot stop eating them, it's pretty well... amazeballs.

Well I hope you gems have a lovely snowy or not afternoon. I will be reading blogs all day to entertain myself xoxo

3 comments:

Claudia said...

You left all your stuff outside your apartment? Hahahaha, that's too funny - but you're one lucky girl that you still got everything. :-)

Mhmm... soup. I just have some homemade vegetable soup on the stove - yumm! And I would love to see pics of your store!!!

bahamamama said...

Love the fashion statement.
Homemade soup, let winter begin!

River - The Crafty Kook said...

You must live in a very good neighborhood! I'm glad your things didn't get stolen! Phew!

I would love to see photos of your store and the lovely things that you sell!