This was so fun at 2 am when I cant sleep! Thanks veganmeccalove!
1. Choose between locally grown or organic, which do you usually choose?
I have to go with local, and then organic…if it’s local and organic well I am totally sold, usually regardless of price, have to support the goods.
2. Favorite way to prepare potatoes:
Lots of veganaise with salt, paprika…did I mention veganaise? And I like em roasted in the fall time with olive oil and spices.
3. Do you press your tofu before preparing/cooking it (if you eat soy)?
Hmm typically no because I have no patience. It’s more like open, drain, fry in lots of awesome olive oil.
4. Name your favorite recipe that is a tradition in your family:
Check out tradition under my Jewish food post and see how I veganized that! Now that’s tradition!
5. Any food allergies?
Lactose Intolerant…probably a reason why it was soo easy to be Vegan.
6. When you want to go to a fancy dinner, where do you go?
Sierra Grille in Northampton. I know I have mentioned it 47384032 times before on this blog.
7. When you have a cold, what do you crave?
Umm soup? Drugs? Tissues? Sleep?
8. What kind of water do you drink? (Filtered, spring, tap, etc.)
I’m a water snob, rightfully from all the bacteria I ingested drinking tap water from Dublin when I lived there, so now it is all bottled, preferably Evian or Poland Springs for a cheap fix.
9. Name a flavor of soda you'd love to see:
Hmmmm Whole Foods soda is all I will drink, and it’s always with Grey Goose so I am content, although my fave is black cherry or orange cream.
10. If the recipes you ate as a child were compiled into a cookbook, what would the title be?
Ummm mozzarella sticks and PB & J…cookbook that!
11. If you were allowed to grow one food that can't grow in your climate, what would it be?
GRAPES FOR HOMEMADE WINE!
12. Favorite type of mushroom?
I heart all, no discrimination with my shrooms.
13. Most frustrating part of your kitchen?
My parents still eat cheese, the CRUMBS bug me out.
14. Last food you burned?
Food no, my very expensive All-Clad pots and pans yes everyday….
15. Usual response to a veg*n's favorite question, "But where do you get your protein?":
Tempeh, tofu, soymilk, soy yogurt, dark leafy greens, grains, pasta, rice, edamame, NUTS, nut butters, seed & seed butters, etc etc etc…this question is so bullshit considering Americans eat way too much protein because they are scared of carbs…I can’t stand the ignorance of so many people.
16. If you were baking your own birthday cake today, what flavor would it be?
Coconut Lemon Organic cake. The recipe from Bela downtown…see many previous posts where it is featured.
17. Favorite brand of chocolate chips?
Can I try some and get back to you, the darker the better.
18. You have $200 of your tax return reserved for Williams Sonoma- What do you buy?
Lots of cocktails glasses and new plates.
19. Do you plan your menus in advance? Any tips to share?
20. You have 3 minutes before you have to leave the house and you're starving- What do you eat?
A vanilla cashew goji cliff nectar bar, always! And I am getting into Luna bars now as well.
21. If Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, and Rachel Ray got into a fight, who would win?
Paula BECAUSE she had Michelle Obama on her show and that rocked my world!
22. If you eat oatmeal, what do you add to it before serving?
Vegan vanilla milk, raw nuts, fresh fruit and salt. Maple syrup too, just a drop or 8 ;) Sometimes some earth balance if I don't want sweetness.
23. If you got to travel to one country and learn all the traditional dishes there, where would you go (ignore commitments in your current place of residence)?
Tokyo, anything Asian.
24. Favorite late night snack?
25. Favorite springtime food?
Are tomatoes in season then?
26. Favorite food-related magazine?
VegNews obv! I was reader of the month last year around this time ;)
27. Which do you prefer: shoyu, tamari, conventional soy sauce, or Bragg's Aminos?
Braggs, but I love anything salty
28. What vegetable or fruit do you dislike the most?
I actually have never not liked a fruit or veggie.
29. Name a holiday food you look forward to all year long:
Mulled wine, can that count? Warm soynog with rum, bourbon sweet potatoes, pumpkin ale, ummm I see there is a pattern here, I should stop ;)
30. If you could convert anyone to veganism with your magic wand, who would you convert?
My parents, my amazing brother, my future husband (?) and Barack Obama :)